Basic Baking + Lemon Yogurt Pound Cake Recipe

Friday, April 25, 2014

Pound Cakes are the most easiest cake to bake for me since all you have to do is mix all the ingredients, put it in the pan, then bake. 
Aside from that, using hotcake mixes for baking makes it a whole lot more easier.

A pound cake apparently are those made with a pound of each ingredients so that's a 1:1 ratio. I am not very familiar with pounds since in Japan, we use grams/ml, a tbsp or a cup for measurement.

I am no pro, but on this post, I am also sharing what I learned about ingredients ratio.

The basic ingredients for baking as you all know are eggs, hotcake mix/flour + baking powder, butter, milk or water and sugar.

For one pound cake mold, you'll need 1 cup of flour. For a cup of flour (or hotcake mix), you'll need 80g to 20g of butter.

Butter adds flavor. The more butter you use, the more your cake will become moist and heavy. You could also use oil if you prefer it light and rough.

More eggs will give you a fluffier texture. I usually add milk or water depending on the thickness of the mixture I made.

Milk gives you a rich taste and I use water if I ran out of milk.

The amount of sugar I put are usually equal to the amount of butter I used. I just adjust it when I add other flavors (like chocolate) so the cake wouldn't be too sweet.

And now, I am sharing my Lemon Yogurt Pound Cake Recipe

Here's what you need: 
1 cup (100g) flour, 
1 tsp (5g) baking powder
1 egg 
100g yogurt
50g honey
3 tbsp sugar 
2 tbsp lemon juice
lemon zest (optional)
1 tbsp of oil



Mix together egg, sugar and honey.


Then add yogurt.


Add flour and baking powder. 
You could sift the flour if you want but I am a lazy girl and I don't sift my flour when baking pound cakes. 


Fold them all together.


Pour in the mixture to baking pan.


Bake on preheated oven on 190℃ for about 40 minutes.


Yogurt here works the same job as the butter, so we just used a small amount of oil. 
Since lemon and honey are liquids, there's no need for milk or water. 
Just used 3 tbsp of sugar since honey is also sweet. 
Adjust all the ingredients to make the perfect texture of the mixture.
I just learned to measure somehow by my eyes as time went.  



I think I put a little too much of yogurt this time because I didn't use the measuring cup, but oh well. Still yummy. Hehe.



Add a comment »

Leave a Reply