Not a Frustrated Model

Saturday, May 17, 2014

When one dreams, anything is possible. Reality bites whenever I realize that I was not able to fulfill one of my dreams, my frustration of being a ramp model.

However, I didn't let myself stop from that. I read articles about fashion and beauty. I always make sure that I read to equip myself with the right knowledge. I try to apply things that I read. It's funny that I even learned how to apply basic makeup from Youtube tutorials. Tips about fashion? I read it too.

And given this height, who would have thought that I could still do something about this frustration? What I love most is the chance to model for some of my friends' online shops. Yes! I feel like a model whenever I do that. I join go sees whenever I can. The recent one I joined was for Cotton On when they were about to open here in the Philippines. My cute face ( as Laureen Uy commented) wasn't enough though. I also joined Belle de Jour's fashion show before for the petite section.

When I was in college, one of the most memorable frustrations-turned-aspirations moments was for the test shots I had for the batch graduation photos. I was fortunate to be one of the models of our batch. Here I share with you some of the results of it. 

(C) SDA

(C) Fine Light

(C) Zone 5

(C) SDA

(C) SDA

(C) Expo Events
I still remember one of the owners of these photo studios saying that I can't be a ramp model but I can be a commercial model. That looked like a compliment for me!

So if there's anyone out there who have the same experience as mine, don't let yourself feel bad. There's still a lot you can do to flaunt that beauty!






Add a comment »

Leave a Reply