Butter Cookies Recipe

Thursday, May 8, 2014

I like baking cakes but I seldom bake cookies, for the main reason that I suck at it. 
On a percentage, I could say I fail 80% of the time. Sometimes, it becomes a scone, sometimes it becomes a bread, etc. I never understood it, when I read somewhere that the reason could be your oven pan. From that day on, I never tried making cookies again until we moved to a new house and bought a new oven!
So I was excited to make cookies and searched for something basic on the internet. I tried a couple of recipes, but this is what I liked the most. 

I just lessened the sugar because I did not want it too sweet. 

Here's what you need:
100g unsalted butter
50g sugar
1 egg yolk
130g sifted flour


Mix together butter and sugar until it becomes creamy.


It was a holiday, so my kawaii sweetie pie was my assistant. :)


Add the yolk and mix until it becomes somehow whiter.


Add flour little by little (may be divided 2-3 times) and fold them together.


Plastic wrap then shape it like this, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.


Sprinkle about a tablespoon of sugar.


Cut and place in the tray like this and bake in 170℃ for 35 minutes.


It is a crumbling buttery cookie that reminds of Polvoron. 
Now I'm going to try baking a chewy moist cookie next time!



Add a comment »

Leave a Reply